May 1st is Traveller RPG Day! It's the day we celebrate the oldest sci-fi RPG. Join us for our 3rd Annual Mayday! Mayday! 2021 Traveller Day Virtual Convention for games, interviews, prizes, and MORE!
Join Us For Traveller Day: May 1st, 2021
"This is Free Trader Beowulf,
calling anyone . . .
Mayday, Mayday . . . we are under attack . . .
main drive is gone . . .
turret number one not responding
Mayday . . . losing cabin pressure fast
calling anyone . . . please help . . .
This is Free Trader Beowulf . . .
Mayday . . ."
These are the words that brought thousands into the hobby of sci-fi roleplaying games.
Mayday, Mayday! Traveller RPG Day 2021
3rd Annual Traveller Day Virtual Con
Join us in celebration of the Traveller science-fiction RPG.
May 1st (May Day) 2021 will be a day of fun, games, prizes, and more!
Join us for activities going on all day long!
When: May 1st, 2021
Activity Schedule: TBA
Join us for:
- Live Podcast- Streaming simulcast on YouTube, Twitch, and Discord.
- Interviews- With content creators from Mongoose Traveller and Cepheus Engine.
- Traveller For Charity- Hosted by Patrick Kanouse and benefitting The Carcinoid Cancer Foundation.
- Online Traveller Games- Hosted by Virtual Traveller Online.
- Squadron Strike- Training and demo games by Ad Astra Games
- Prize Giveaways- Great prizes given out throughout the event.
- Traveller After Hours- Hang out and chat in the private after-hours channel on our Traveller RPG Headquarters Discord Server with content creators, players, staff, and other Traveller fans.
- More to be announced!
Come join fellow Traveller RPG enthusiasts for a celebration of our favorite sci-fi RPG!
We have tons of activities for you at this year's Mayday Mayday Traveller Day Virtual Convention
Broadcasting from our main studio in Santa Fe, New Mexico, along with our satellite studios all across the world, we bring you a live podcast.
We bring you the latest news and information from the leaders in Traveller and Cepheus Engine content creation.
Get to know the personalities behind your favorite sci-fi RPG game. Find out how they got their start in sci-fi gaming, what they have been up to for the last year, what they plan to produce over the next year, and learn more about their latest titles!
Guest Speakers Include:
- Matthew Sprange Managing Director of Mongoose Publishing (Keynote - completed)
- Christopher Griffen, writer for Mongoose Publishing (completed)
- Ian Stead, of Moon Toad Publishing, sci-fi artist (scheduled)
- John Watts of Independence Games (completed)
- Omer Golan-Joel of Stellagama Publishing (completed)
- Paul Elliott of Zozer Games (completed)
- Neil Thorpe of 2D Storyteller (completed)
- Craig A. Glesner of Thornwood-Darnaluud LLC (completed)
- Mike Leonard of El Cheapo Products (completed)
- Ken Burnside & Michael Llaneza of AdAstra Games (completed)
- Jeff Yin of Horizon Games (scheduled)
Get to know the content creators who bring you exciting new things to do in your sci-fi RPG hobby, what their background is, how they started gaming, and what they love about playing the Traveller RPG.
Help raise money for a good cause while enjoying a Traveller game live stream that you can influence.
They will be playing Michael Brown’s Angle of Incidence: “A routine cargo run leads to a station orbiting a black hole and one man’s world of obsession, secrets, and madness. As the heroes help an intelligence agent investigate the mad scientist’s activities, they come to realize that they may bear witness to the ultimate adventure…or become just more bits of matter crushed by the black hole’s gravity.”
The Carcinoid Cancer Foundation’s mission is to increase awareness and educate the general public and healthcare professionals regarding carcinoid and related neuroendocrine tumors (NETs), to support NET cancer patients and their families, and to serve as patient advocates.
We’ll be giving away a bunch of things, and you can even have an effect on the game.
The game will stream on High Shelf Gaming’s Twitch channel at 8:00 pm Eastern on May 1st, 2021.
The game will include giveaways and opportunities to influence the game.
Opportunities to donate to the Carcinoid Cancer Foundation will be provided during the stream.
Last year we raised $2000 - let's see if we can beat that this year!
Registration Required To Play In Virtual Games Online
Come join us for live online interviews, virtual panels, and online games. For fans... by fans.
NOTE: THIS EVENT IS ONLINE ONLY
Virtual Traveller Online Discord will be used as the main engine for communication. This is mandatory so we can organize the con and keep the GMs/Referees on time - so the next group can use their respective slots. You can join via this link HERE (link will be activated when ready).
We are actively looking for GM's/Referees to offer role-playing, card games, board games, and any other tabletop options for ONLINE play.
Feel free to schedule games anytime during the day/night of May 1st.
We are based in the CENTRAL TIME ZONE (CST) in the United States. If it is 6 PM CST, then it is 7 PM EST, and Midnight in the UK as an example.
Everyone that attends this celebration agrees to the Code of Conduct found HERE.
Event time slots are open starting at 12:00pm (Central) on Friday (Fiday), April 30th, and the event concludes at 11:45 pm (Central), Saturday (Sixday), May 1st.
* It is highly desired that all games be completed by 7:00 pm CST. This is to allow more people the opportunity to view the keynote event... a charity Traveller game event - broadcast live over Twitch. The game will be run by Patrick Kanouse, and will benefit his charity: The Carcinoid Cancer Foundation.*
Badge Cost is $2.00 USD (+ fees) (Total is approximately $3.12 USD)
The payment system for Badges uses USD for credit card charges.
NOTE: Refunds are only available through PayPal. No exceptions.
This event is brought to you by CyborgPrime Games, and Virtual Traveller Online - the guys that brought you: Virtual Traveller Weekend.
Ad Astra Games will be running an online demo game of Squadron Strike: Traveller (run by Mike Zebrowski and Brian Trotter) in the evening, and teaching games of 3-4 hours in the afternoons. If you've always wanted to play a Traveller space combat game where maneuver mattered, where tactical decisions have repercussions, or just try out the Ad Astra 3D movement system, feel free to sign up!
You can learn more about Squadron Strike: Traveller here: Squadron Strike: Traveller @ Ad Astra Games
And if you'd like to support us in making new Traveller products, our Patreon is here: StarShipsRUs
We will be giving out prizes all day during the event.
One lucky winner will get the GRAND PRIZE of every prize listed below!
Register here to enter the drawings.
The Prizes Pledged So Far:
- This Old Ship (Advance Copy)
- The Wagner Incident (signed paperback and digital edition)
More to come! Watch this space for details!
We love giveaways - here are our Rules:
- Participating Publishers and Traveller RPG HQ crew are disqualified from the drawing
- Prizes are normally delivered by digital download.
- Prizes are pledged by various publishers and content creators who will be responsible for the delivery of the prizes they pledge. Some contact info may be required beyond your email address for physical product shipping, for instance.
- Any prizes not claimed within 7 days will return to the Prize Pool for a secondary Giveaway.
- Duplicate prizes can be donated back into the Prize Pool for another winner.
- To be fair, please only register once - we will make an effort to remove duplicates and disqualify anybody we think is trying to game the system.
- Prizes are given out at the discretion of CyborgPrime and are either done by random drawing or by playing a game, answering trivia questions, or just for fun.
- If you are a winner, only your name and email address will be shared and only with prize providers.
- Winners will be notified by email.
Post questions or comments about the prize giveaways in the Comments Section at the bottom of this page and we will do our best to answer.
Register For The Prize Giveaway
To enter the Prize Drawing you must be registered here. We don't share your information or spam you.
If you wish, you can unsubscribe from the Drawing List at any time after the drawing.
Thank You Patreon Patrons!
I'd like to thank my Patrons for supporting my crazy ideas and this endeavor in true Traveller style.
If you like events like this, enjoy supporting the creation of sci-fi gaming content, or just like to help people out, please consider becoming my Patron in true Traveller style.
You will receive free copies of my products, gain a Noble TItle on the Traveller RPG headquarters Discord server, gain access to me to answer questions or help you with your Traveller game, and gain my eternal gratitude.
Check out CyborgPrime's Patreon site for more info and examples of the articles and products I create.
Hailing Frequencies Open
Do you have questions, comments, or suggestions on how to make this year's Mayday Mayday Event better than ever?
Tell me about it in the Comments Section. I'd LOVE to hear from you.
I'm interested in what you have to say about how we can improve the Mayday Mayday Traveller Day Event.
E-mail Notification Opt-in
Do you want to receive email notifications when we add new Traveller RPG and sci-fi content?
Sign up on our private mailing list.
We never share your information and we won't spam you. Unsubscribe any time.
YES! Notify me of new Traveller RPG and sci-fi posts!